I’m an assistant professor in the School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences and member of LAIV: Lab for AI Verification at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Prior to joining Heriot-Watt, I worked as a postdoctoral researcher at TU Kaiserslautern in Germany. I hold a DPhil/PhD from the University of Oxford, an MSc from the University of Liverpool, and a BSc from Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology. Additionally, I have industry experience as a R&D software engineer at Samsung Electronics in Indonesia.
Fully-funded PhD opportunities at Heriot-Watt: I am accepting PhD students who are interested in working with me in my main research areas. Funding available, covers (international) tuition fees and living expenses. Useful link: PhD opportunities in Computer Science.
My research interests lie at the intersection of computer science, artificial intelligence, and game theory. I use formal and mathematical techniques to verify and reason about systems composed of multiple self-interested intelligent agents. In particular, I mainly work on the following topics:
- Logic and game theory in theoretical computer science and foundations of AI.
- Verification, design, and synthesis of equilibria in concurrent multi-agent systems.
- Mathematical/computational logic (e.g., modal and temporal logics).
- Model checking, automated synthesis, and formal verification.
- Computational complexity of problems related to topics above.
I am the main developer of EVE (Equilibrium Verification Environment), a tool for rational verification. The tool can be used online from http://eve.cs.ox.ac.uk. I am always interested in improving EVE (e.g., faster techniques, new use cases, etc.) and welcome potential collaborations.
I am interested in supervising PhD/MSc/BSc students who want to work on (or related to) topics within my research interests (see Research Interests section above).
- Aug 22: Joined Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, as an assistant professor.
- Jan 22: Our research project Optimal Decision-Making in Probabilistic Multi-Agent Learning Environment has been granted for Australia-Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme funding by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). (with Anthony W. Lin, and Julian Gutierrez and Frits de Nijs (Monash University)).
- Mar 20: My DPhil/PhD thesis “Rational verification in multi-agent systems” has been deposited in the Bodleian Library Oxford University Research Archive.
- Dec 19: I passed my DPhil/PhD thesis viva voce. I thank my examiners Alessio Lomuscio and Luke Ong for valuable feedback.